-->

Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Boxedwidth]

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Followers

Building My Legacy


Well hello there! 

I know it's been about two months since my last post, and I apologize greatly for that. This past summer, however, has been insane.

I was so busy. From buying dorm stuff, hanging out with as many friends as possible, doing an online math course, traveling, and packing for college, I don't think I've had a dull moment since graduation.

Despite the minimal free time I had this past summer, Summer 2017 has hands down been my favorite summer yet. I got to explore Italy, visit the Florida Keys, and travel to California (all for the first time!).  I met some amazing new people, made some unforgettable memories with friends, and I even started college.

The highlight of Summer 2017 was me starting college at the institution, Flagler College in St. Augustine, Florida.

I started classes a little over a month ago, and honestly the excitement of being in college and being an actual college student has yet to diminish.

I love college.

I mean as much as someone can love college (essays, exams, etc.).

But in all seriousness, it's not at all bad. I love my new-found freedom, I love somewhat living on my own (four roommates can make it seem as if I'm living on my own, right?), I love the town I'm living in, I love learning to become independent, and I love being a Flagler Saint.

Flagler College is probably one of the best educational institutions ever. The location is amazing (St. Augustine is beautiful & has so much to do, and besides the beach is just five minutes away!). The faculty of Flagler is so genuine, everyone wants you to succeed here. My classes, although are sometimes boring, keep me interested/engaged. And more importantly, it feels as if I belong here.

I don't doubt I made the right choice coming here.

However (There's always a but!!!)

As much as I love this place, there are, of course, a few downsides.

1. I'm thirteen hours away from home, and going home isn't as easy as I thought it'd be.

2.  I already miss the seasons. Back home, it's already fall (leaves are starting to change colour, fall-y weather, etc.). We don't get much of a seasons change down in Florida.

3. Being in a long-distant relationship is no fun! But they're 100% worth it.

4. I have to create an entire new life (Which can be seen as a downside or a good thing. For me, it's a little bit of both).

5. I left everything I have ever known, I left my entire life behind me. I never thought it was going to be easy to leave, but I also never thought it was going to be as hard as it turned out to be.

Yet, I still manage to walk around the place I chose to spend the next four years of my life at and smile.

Yes, these downsides can change many things and have made me even think about going home.

But, why would I do that?

Why would I leave the place I love?

Why would I leave somewhere that I believe I belong at?

And why would I leave when I'm content being here?

Yes, I miss everything.

But, leaving, was probably one of the best things to happen to me.

Caroline Myss, an American author, once said this:
Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that's the one that's going to help you grow. 
I truly believe that, and I've chosen to build my legacy where I am.

Have a lovely rest of the day (:

xoxo,
l.k

QuickEdit
the kinkaid journals
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=lexi] [img=https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ptI6sND_ApY/WLxiqZPc50I/AAAAAAAAD9g/AgmTRjtn87cJm6-ovttJUcdrmYZY_X4PwCLcB/s120/File_000%2B%25281%2529.jpeg] [description=thank you so much for visiting, i hope you loved it! please feel free to leave a comment, i'd love to hear from you!] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/thekinkaidjournals/) (instagram=https://www.instagram.com/thekinkaidjournals/?hl=en) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/lexikinkaid/)

Follow @georgialoustudios