-->

Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Boxedwidth]

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Followers

FIRST. BLOG. POST. EVER.


me (-:
hello to all the lovely humans that have found themselves stumbling upon my very first blog post!
as a preface, i’d like to emphasis how long it took me to build up the courage to create this blog, but i’ve longed for a place to put my feelings, thoughts, ideas, and work. and although i’m still a little iffy with putting all the above out there for perfect strangers—and even for my friends/family—amy poehler once said

“It’s very hard to have ideas. It’s very hard to put yourself out there, it’s very hard to be vulnerable, but those people who do that are the dreamers, the thinkers and the creators. They are the magic people of the world.”  
now, if there’s one thing i know about myself, it’s my ability to write, but every time i sat down to write this, my mind blanked. i started to get angry at myself, if i could write an essay for school the night before without any research or notes, why couldn’t i write a simple blog post? then i started thinking.
i created this blog for a place to put my feelings, thoughts, ideas, and work, it’s supposed to be my haven, my place for what makes me, me. i realized that i couldn’t over-think it, which is what i was doing. i was too busy thinking about what you, the audience, would think about my writing, my photography, or me in general. trust me, i want this blog to be successful, i want this blog to help me grow as a writer or as a photographer, but it won’t work if i’m a fake. i need to be me, 100% me.  
so here it is, here is the kinkaid journals. whether it’s a piece of writing or photograph of my recent travels, a review of a new makeup product, or a d.i.y, this is going to be me. nothing omitted, nothing held back. this is me.
xoxo,
l.k
QuickEdit
the kinkaid journals
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=lexi] [img=https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ptI6sND_ApY/WLxiqZPc50I/AAAAAAAAD9g/AgmTRjtn87cJm6-ovttJUcdrmYZY_X4PwCLcB/s120/File_000%2B%25281%2529.jpeg] [description=thank you so much for visiting, i hope you loved it! please feel free to leave a comment, i'd love to hear from you!] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/thekinkaidjournals/) (instagram=https://www.instagram.com/thekinkaidjournals/?hl=en) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/lexikinkaid/)

Follow @georgialoustudios